Yeah, my first attempt at Android programming is online! I’ve built an Android version of the speed trainer metronome phi-X. The app can be found here. I’ve tested the app with Android version 2.3.6 as well as different emulators. So it should run stable on your Android smartphone, too. If not, please report any bugs and problems via email.
Due to lots of requests, I’ve build a 64-bit version of the Tube Preamp VST plugin. It’s downloadable from the concerning page.
Unfortunately, I’m very busy at the moment, so I wasn’t able to do lots of testing or bugfixing. Hopefully, I’ll find some time to rework the algorithm in spring, when my exams are over. Until then, feel free to download the plugin and test it. Please report any bugs via email!
All projects are no longer hosted at google code. The files moved to a dropbox webspace. Note that the google code project pages will be deleted in a couple of weeks. Please report any non-working link via email.
Unfortunately I’ve got only little time for new stuff at the moment, since I’m working on different projects for my master studies. Right now, we’re doing some Android app development, which is quite cool. So I’ve got already some ideas for android audio applications…
As already mentioned in my last post, I was working on an analogue guitar amplifier during the last months. Today, I’ve tighened the last screw – the amp is finished! It’s a small combo amplifier with three tubes and a 10″ speaker. The name of the amp is Harry Lime. I’ve made some pictures of the building process, you can watch them on the project’s page.
Next big project will be a complete rework of the effect software phi-T Effect/S. Hopefully, I will be able to release an update soon. Stay tuned!
I’ve built a nice small VST plugin in, that does nothing but emulating the tonestack of a well-known amplifier manufacturer. A short abstract of the algorithm can be found in the Research section. Again, the plugin is available for free, comments are welcome. Hopefully, someone finds it useful.
Furthermore, I’m currently working on an analogue tube guitar amplifier. The amp is almost ready and sounds absolutely great. Next step will be building the casing. Pictures will follow soon!
I have finally uploaded a very short summary of the results of my bachelor thesis. It can be found in the new Research section on the subpage Tube Preamp.
As mentioned before, the topic of the thesis was to develop a digital simulation of a tube preamp. Actually, the algorithm was implemented on a digital signal processor (DSP). In addition to that, I have built a 32-bit VST plugin that uses exactly the same algorithm to emulate the preamp. This plugin is available for free. Comments and suggestions are welcome!
If someone is interested in reading the whole thesis (German only), just drop me an email and I’ll send you the .pdf file.